Thursday, March 5, 2009

Tender moments

Anyone who I talk to who is a parent always tells me "Candace, It's not always easy being a parent, but it is so worth it." I know this. I know that my kids will drive me crazy, but there are so many times when I look at them and think I'm so lucky. They are healthy. And they are here. A couple of days ago, I knew that we had a few days of sunshine ahead, so I thought I would blow a couple of dollars and go to the carwash. Gracie LOVES the carwash. I paid the money, and as we rolled into the carwash I looked in my rear view mirror and watched my kid's faces illuminate with excitement. The soap came, then the water, then the big big brushes. I sat and watched my kids the whole time thinking how innocent they are. How I wish I was more like them. I wish I could take a few breaths each day and get excited about all of the little things in my life. My eyes filled up with tears as I watched them laugh and smile at the big brushes. It's days like like those that keep me grounded. I love those two.

7 comments:

Mikkel said...

Amen :)

Chelsea said...

Love it. I think I am going to have to take my kids today, and my car is dirty so it's totally worth it.

Sarah Jimenez said...

What a sweet post! Thanks for sharing. Rylee loves the car wash too, especially the ones with the muli-colored foam! I agree; kids are the greatest and teach us to find joy in the little things.

Taylor Gardner said...

I LOVE this. Not only great for you to have and remember, but how nice for THEM to know you felt like this about them.

Kirsten said...

AMEN SISTER! It's so true.....that's why it's "through the eyes of little children"....or something like that:) It takes on a whole new meaning when you get the chance to actual see things through the eyes of little children! Gotta love it:)

Cyndi said...

Thats exactly how I feel too. I do have to constantly remind myself that my life would be so boring and dull without my 4 favorite people in it. I love thoses moments when it really hit home

Kimberlee said...

I love those moments. I love you. miss you