Sunday, February 22, 2009

He's ONE... Capitol O.N.E.

Sheesh!! It's amazing how much there is to blog about when you go a little while without blogging! This week was crazy!! Our computer is totally fried and we can't even get it to turn on to get it fixed. We are in the market for a new one but for now I'm just going to have to use Chad's work one! Chad and I had a wonderful Valentines day. We celebrated on Friday because we swapped children with the Gardners. We went to Outback and waited TWO HOURS for a table but it was soooo worth it by the time we got to sit down. I was going to send Chad on a little scavenger hunt on saturday but he ruined the surprise. So I just made us some "I love Chad" and "I love Candace" shirts and we just wore them all day. It was lot's of fun. Then on Monday Chad's sister Jen and her fam came to town so we went to the BYU museum for a little while. It was lots of fun and we had an even better time because it was free!! Grace and I went to Coraline on tuesday for our mommy daughter date.... lets just say it was a tad scary for the little one. She sat on m lap the whole time and was so scared to even stand by the display after the movie. I have to say, I kind of enjoyed it more than I should have because I loved that she would cuddle with me for two whole hours. That doesn't happen very often!! Then, last but not least, MIKEY turned ONE on Friday. I can't believe it.... he is a year old. I'm so greatful for modern medicine and even though he had a rough start he is happy and healthy today!! Here are some photos!!


This is Gracie at Coraline... I bribed her with treats to get a pic.

Gracie at the museum. They had a live snake and they let the kids touch it!

Mikey loved the bears

This is Riley and Gracie getting in trouble for touching the buttons



Chad has something against gettting me flowers for events... so he buys me potted plants so he feels like he gets his money's worth. One of the reasons I love him so much!

Gracie helping mommy make cookies on V-day!


So our next purchase is going to be a tv.. .Chad wants to make sure the wall can support it.. here he is drilling a "test hole"

Aaaand here he is realizing it wont hold.





I crack up at Gracies dance. All of the little girls are so petite and conservative.. then there is my Gracie.. wearing the biggest tu tu we could find.


Gracie, Me, and Dallin just playing around.




These are my two favorite gals hanging out at Mikey's party


YAY!Opening presents! (These pics are a little backwards)



Mikey LOVES ice cream.. so instead of a cake, I gave him a fatboy



I got all of the little kids a balloon and had a contest to see who could draw the best picture of Mikey on the balloon

haha, our good friends the Webb's came to the party and their little girl brooke (pictured below) had a little too much junkfood so she got sick and threw up all over! Her big bro was sitting right by her and it set off a chain reaction!!

I let the kids decorate their own cupcake's... this was Gracie's favorite part of the party



The decor.. I just hung up some rope and clothes-pinned some pictures of Mikey from the last year all over. It was way easy and turned out way cute. (I misspelled birthday... Chad pointed it out, I didn't even notice!)



Here are some of my favorite photos of Mikey from the last year. The good ones are from Sara, I wish she could be by my side all day just taking pictures of my kids...
I'm so greatful for my little boy. I know that he was sent here for a special reason and he is such a blessing to our family. I remember walking into the NICU when he was so tiny and right when I walked in the room I could hear him skwaking... He still does it, but now it's a lot louder. I love him so much and I hate that time is going by so fast!! I love you Big Mike!!

















13 comments:

Sarah Jimenez said...

Ah Candace, he is so precious! Happy Birthday Mikey! I am so glad that he is doing so well. I can't believe he's a year already. How early did you have him? Those pics of him in the NICU are rough- so tiny. The party looked like a huge success.

Kimberlee said...

He's grown so much! What a cutie! Sorry we had to miss the big Par-tay!
P.S. I had to do a triple take at the picture of Chad testing the wall for a TV...I thought he had a pony tail!!! HA HA!!!

Lyndy Staheli said...

Happy Birthday Mikey! I can't believe he is already one. This year has gone by so fast. Sorry to hear about your computer, that's to bad. The party looks like so much fun. Sorry we couldn't make it down. See ya this weekend.

The Allen Family said...

Totally thought he had a pony tail too! hahaha I looked at it FOREVER!

Chelsea said...

What a great big post! I love the Vday shirts! SO CUTE! and love the pictures of you and the kids... ahh.. motherhoodness. And Mikey is so cute! I loved seeing how tiny he was and how big he has gotten! How cute!!!!

Sharps said...

OH buddy boy Mikey. He is so cute! I can't believe he is one either. WOW. AND i love your blondness. CUTE. I just went blond too. Must be close to summer time! Hopefully you get a sweet computer since yours is fried. I am always wishing for my washer and dryer to break so I can buy some red ones! I am so money savvy.

PS. I want a shirt that says I love Candace too. I am a medium.

The Staheli's said...

No way he is one!?? Happy Birthday Mikey! you take such fun pictures. I love seeing them all. :)

. said...

Happy birthday Mikey! I love him. He is so so so so handsome. I miss him. Send him to me right now. I can't even remember him being that small. Crazy. Your party looked like it had a great turnout! I'm sorry we couldn't make it. I loved all your pics. You guys are great. Miss you. And could you please remove the stupid word verification off yoru blog. They are always too hard for me.

Amanda P. said...

What a cutie pie! I can't believe your youngest is already one....now you can start thinking about another right?? Haha, or maybe not. I really REALLY like the decor you did with his pictures on the rope...i might have to steal that one :)

Hermana Whitehead said...

You and Chad are so cute. Sorry, I have to say it. And Gracie and Mikey are just as adorable as their parents. Wonderful pictures. You are a super mom, Candace.

Chad said...

For the record... I would look awesome with a ponytail.

Malinda S. said...

He is so cute! I am so glad that he is strong and healthy now. I love the birthday decorations. So creative!

Cyndi said...

Wow that was quite the post cando!! Mikeys party looked so cute and fun! William threw up at Lilys party too, so I guess its not a party till someone ralphs, lol. I love the valetines shirts, such a cute idea. your little family is so so cute