Sunday, February 8, 2009

In a nutshell....

Okay, so for christmas, Chad's parents got us tons of meat from the family pigs. I am always looking for new recipes so I can cook it up. This one was definitely share-worthy.

1 pork roast
1 small jar of apricot preserves
1 envelope onion soup mix
1/2 bottle italian dressing
1/2 cup soy sauce

-Put the roast in the crock pot for 3-4 hours.
Cook all ingredients in a medium pan until apricot preserves are melted.
Drain meat.
Pour glaze over meat and cook for another 2 hours.

-cut meat and pour remaining glaze over meat. serve.
-I served it with mashed potatoes, rolls and salad. I have to say, WAY easy and way yummmm....(Excuse the photography)



Ahhh another week has passed. Lexie and I were just talking about how when we were younger days were SO long. We would wake up in the morning and what seemed like forever went by before you were climbing into the covers again. Man have things changed. I can't believe how fast the days go by. I have so much to do when I wake up in the morning and before I know it it's time to go to bed again. I'm so glad to have this last week over with. I already told you that my babies were sick but we are on the mend and I'm excited for a new week. We are still watching Mikey pretty close because he has good hours and bad hours. I think for the most part he is better. We went to the Gardners yesterday for a little snow-b-q for some yummy food and some fun games. I didn't get very many pics but we had a great time. After the party Chad and I took the kids for a little drive to Utah Lake but right when we got there we got out for a little breather and had to head back home because it was SO FREEZING. I'm itching for spring. I can't hardly stand it. Here's to anther week come and gone!! I miss my mamma. Come back Lydia.. the tv room is empty without you!


Tay and Austins boy Dallin. He could sweep the floor with those lashes.


da fellas.




YAY! We finally got Mikey a crib. His room is still a work in progress, but it's getting there!


Freezing cha cha's at Utah lake.

The AMAZING scenery I get to enjoy every day..
the lake aint too bad either.

M and D at the snow-b-q






Gracie's favorite thing to do it build forts with dad. They put them up then she sit's and watches movies.



That was our weekend.... In a nutshell.

9 comments:

LC said...

Cool! I was perusing different blogs with the "next blog" button at the top of the page, and came across your stories.
We just had our first baby... and what Daddy wouldn't do for our little boy to be big enough to build forts. I keep telling him not to rush it, because it'll go by faster than we want already.
The photographs are lovely. Way to go!

Chelsea said...

How adorable are the forts! I love them. That is the cutest idea ever... I might do it this week with Colette. I also love mikey's room! I can't wait to see how adorable it will be done, now its really cute! I love the snow-b-q. Never heard a name for it like that! Haha!

Sharps said...

First...you are going to have to teach me how to do Chloe's hair when she grows some...Gracies is always so cute. Second I am so glad I can quite calling Mikey Jesus' HOORAY for cribs!!!

Malinda S. said...

Ah sorry to hear about sick kiddies...no fun. I actually have tried that recipe before, or very similar to it, and it was fabulous! Lots of cut pics. I love Mikey's eyes, especially in the camo pic. They are so big.

. said...

Cute pics. LC likes ya huh. haha. I miss the kids. Send em down. I am getting cold looking at your pictures. Why is it so dang cold? Cribs is nice :) Way to go Mikester!

Unknown said...

Awww man! I hate it when the hubby leaves and the kids are sick. I've been there.I'm so glad that your mom was there for you! In fact we've got a house full of sick kiddo's right now. They're just building up immunities, it's all good, right? ;0p

That pork recipe sounds yum-0, I'll have to try it out. We have to get together soon, we'll have you over for dinner or dessert or both or something soon...

Aloha,
Nat & Fam

Jesse, Savannah, and Pryce said...

I agree with you, it needs to be spring. Not summer though cause down in SG over 98 is way to hot! As for the days, oh man I can never fit all I need to do in one day it seems. I love your kids they are so adorable. I hope they all feel well soon

Stacy Mike and Thalia Talbot said...

WAY yummo recipe. We had it tonight-thanks!

Hermana Whitehead said...

Wonderful pics, Candace. Love your house and what you are doing in the kids rooms. You and Chad have an adorable family. Thanks for sharing.