Saturday, May 31, 2008

What we've been up to!


I never really think of myslef as a busy person, but holy cow things are just not slowing down! This week we have just been busy with projects and there are so many to do I don't think we will ever get done. Chad is working from home so he is building an office out in our garage. I am pretty proud of him for teaching himself as he goes along. It is all framed and he is just finishing up the electrical. Grace loves to go out and help him. I am re-finishing a crib I got at the antique store in Kanab and I don't know how long that will take me, but Mikey has been sleeping in a tupaware drawer ever since he got home from the hospital and he has finally out grown it! He was so tiny that I didn't want to put him in a big bed. Speaking of big, he had his 3 month check up yesterday and he is 10 lbs, 14 oz. Crazy. I can actally dress him now! A couple of days ago I was able to go with my friend Kim and her kiddies to Cabelas so we could let the kid's see the animals. They had so much fun! Grace loves little jackson and ellie. They are her favorite friends to play with. Even tho they don't always get along, they love to play. Well, I will keep everyone posted on the office and the crib. Hopefully we will get a lot done today!!!





Worn out after Cabelas

Loves his swing


Gracie and her man Jackson







Grace loves to hand her dad his tools


Can anyone spot Mikey??




She just falls asleep on the floor. Sometimes I think she has outgrown naps but then something like this happens


He smiles so big now!

11 comments:

Austin said...

Chad, you need to hurry up and finish that office. Maybe if you could get that slacker neighbor of yours to help you out...lol.

Stacy Mike and Thalia Talbot said...

I am so impressed-just figuring it out as you go Chad? Wow- your kids are too cute! I love all of Grace's expressions for the camera.

Tennille said...

It's good to hear you guys are doing good. We'll have to get together sometime. We still owe Chad for helping us move. Maybe we could all go out for ice cream.

Sara Boulter said...

I found Mikey. Prize please.

Also:
The retractable pole is going to look awesome in there. Did you guys decide if you wanted my disco ball yet? I've also decided to sell my rotating stage, so it's yours if you're interested. The office is gonna be smokin!

The Spencers said...

The tupperware drawer cracks me up. It's crazy how small he was. That's good that he is growing. Your kids are so cute. Good job on the office. Looks like you got the best of both worlds with Chad, booksmart and handy!

The Allen Family said...

That office looks like it is going to be huge. I had no idea Chad was a little builder, impressive. Yeah, you should probaby get little Mikey a bed now. :) I hope you took pictures of him in the tupperware container. He will love looking at those one day when he gets bigger.

Sarah Jimenez said...

Your kids are so cute! I love Gracie's cute expressions for the camera. I can't believe you really had Mikey sleeping in a drawer! That is funny! I hope you got some good pictures. His smiling picture is adorable. I hope Chad gets some good help- your office looks like it's going to be huge!

Chelsea said...

Cute pics Candace! I love that your husband is building himself a office! That is cool!! And I love the hidden Mikey! haha! And your little girl, sleeping on the wood.. she must have been sleepy, cause that cant be comfy! I also had to tell you, LOVE that you are refinishing a crib! I love to do that type of thing, but I cant ever find much here to restore, or paint. I gotta get better shopping! I hope you post pics when the crib is all done!! Oh! Before and afters! :) And again, your kids are so cute!

Sarah Jimenez said...

Hey Candace, I hope you get this in time. Kim's phone number is 435-668-6619. Thanks so much. She loved the practice do!

Mandy said...

I am so glad you posted-I didnt even know you had a blog! Law school stinks-but you know that. I am so jealous you are done! It probably woudnt be so bad but everytime finals roll around we have some major catastrophe like computers crashing during finals or unexpected deaths! Its nuts. We will be in SLC a ton these next few months. We should try to meet up for lunch. I cant believe how big Grace is! Its nuts!

. said...

I still crack up that I spent 4 hours looking at the wrong pic... trying to find Mikey. I'm an idiot. I miss your kids. Not you. Not Chad. Just the kids. They are too cute.