Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day!!!

Well what a busy couple of weeks. I keep waiting for life to slow down but it never does and I have a feeling it never will! First off, mothers day was excellent. I woke up and Chad took the kiddies and let me sleep in. I didn't wake up until 11:00 and I don't think I have been that rested in three months. It felt so good! Then Chad gave me my gift, which was a giftcard to a day spa here in Spanish Fork. There are so many options to choose from but I think I am going to do the 60 minute massage ;) then we went to church and had a big bbq with our friends when we got home. Yummy marinade on the steaks and strawberry shortcake. Is there anything better? Time is going by so fast I can hardly believe it. Two kids, a new house and new job, things are awesome. I had some time to reflect on how awesome it is to be a mother and I think I really take it for granted a lot. Gracie is in her terrible two's and man are they terrible. I honestly want to ring her little neck sometimes. But the moments when she comes in and kisses me for no reason or when she says "I want mommy to do it" I can't believe how lucky I am to have her. She is such a cutie patootie. And baby mikey is a miracle in himself. I love them both so much!! what a lucky mommy I am. Now to explain the pic of me looking like trash with Grace. Last week I was taking Gracie's shirt off for a bath and she accidentaly scratched me in the eye. Well, It felt like I had shards of glass under my eyelid so I finally went to the eye doc. I guess we all have like 5 layers of skin on our eye and Gracie scratched through 4 of them. I had to wear a protective contact for a while and I thought I would never see again, but I'm fine now!! Kinda random I know, but of course something like that would happen to me!!


Mikey and Diego

Me and the kiddo's on Mothers day



Mikey loves his swing



Yes, I'm sad. Yes, gracie looks like a pumpkin pie haircutted freak.


The fam. Even roxy.


She loves this swing also. I can't keep her out of it.



The boys grilling the flesh.

6 comments:

Taylor Gardner said...

MMmmmmm...and what tasty flesh it was! Thanks for having us over. We're happy we got you guys and not some weird family. Your kiddos are so adorable. Happy Mama's Day!!

Sara Boulter said...

Okay...again, 5 things:

1...you so didn't tell me about Grace scratching your eye out. What the? Don't hold out on me. I hurt when you hurt...Wait, nah. I don't. Just sucks to be you.

2. You are a pretty little thing on Mother's Day! Wooo-eeee hubba hubba.

3. Grace, pumpkin pie hair cutted freak...agreed. Sorry, that shot is HILARIOUS of her noggin. Slap a bow on her, sheesh.

4. Chad, open your eyes. Don't shut us out.

5. You're a good mama. If Grace could say it she'd say "Good is Mom me to. Wannie to love tell me her I. Mother's Day Happy."

Sweet little dyslexic Grace.

6. BONUS....shun.

Stacy Mike and Thalia Talbot said...

Oh I laughed at the pumpkin pie haircutted freak line! She's too cute to be freakish though. Your place looks awesome! Agreed with Sara-come on Chad strike a pose. I am so happy for your cute little fam!

. said...

WAy cute pics Cando. Your hair looks so good. DId you change it again? I love it. Gracie is the cutest I don't care what her hair looks like. Cute little family. Baby mikey is getting so big. Call me. Love you.

Sharps said...

Wowie!!!! YOUR house looks awesome! I love seeing you so much even if it is just on the computer! I want you to come down here this summer! WE will pick a date and you need to come spend a night or two!!! OKAY! LOVE YA TONS!
LIZZY

Chelsea said...

cute pics of mothers day! Love the family! You are such a good looking group!