Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Owen





 I am so far behind on posting because my computer has been low on space and I finally got some things cleaned off so I could download my pictures! (Well Chad cleaned it off lets be honest) We have had a wonderful busy summer so far and I wanted to give an update on each of my sweet children so I can record what each has been up to latley.




Owen is now officially a toddler. I can't believe how fast a year went by. This little boy rolled over, crawled and walked way before his brother and sister.  He took his first step at 8 months and now at 12 months he is finally a full time walker. This year went by incredibly fast. I know everyone says that but really, I feel time and these precious moments flying by faster and faster each year. I can hardly keep up. Our dear friends and neighbors said goodbye to us at the hospital when O was born and they left the state for good. That seems like a lifetime ago. But I also remember that day holding my new baby boy like it was yesterday.  Owen's biggest update is he had his FIRST BIRTHDAY! We had a small party with friends but it was just perfect for this sweet boy. We love him so much. His happy disposition is a much welcomed trait in our family. He is also an incredible daddy's boy. Chad will come in for a drink or something to eat and Owen cannot handle when he has to go back out to work. If his dad is in an earshot or in his line of sight Owen will flip out until Chad picks him up. The other day I was cooking dinner and I left the kitchen door open like I usually do and when I turned around Owen was gone. I found him a few minutes later out in the garage pounding on Chad's office door crying. He loves his dad.





Tiny and Owen


 Just like Mikey, Owen LOVES the truck or anything with an engine




Everyone needs a brother



Such a good sport



We are only a few weeks into summer and this boy is already a little fish. No fear at all, just a strong desire to play in the water.




My kitchen sink has long been the best babysitter. I fill it up and put the babies in while I bustle about cleaning the house. Mikey and Owen have both enjoyed it so much. 


The boys helping me get starts for the garden


We have been outdoors a lot so far and Owen has loved ever bit of it. He loves the fire but it scares him a little. Something I am grateful for. 



He may be a little young to look at the eclipse, but we wanted him to see it anyways. He will be 19 when the next one comes around. 









Owen loves Gracie. She takes such good care of him. 


At Grandma and Grandpa Staheli's. He loves the piano.


First experience with a shaved ice. The brain freeze came on quickly. 



The Birthday Boy!!












When we get the Chickens out sometimes Owen will get a stick and follow them around just jabbering at them. I wish I could speak baby. 







3 comments:

Robin said...

I want me some owl cake

Malinda S. said...

Your kids are adorable!

Stacy Mike and Thalia Talbot said...

Oh my he is a cutie! Such darling pictures!