Monday, March 29, 2010

Garth

Let me take you back to Kanab circa 1991. We had just moved BACK into our house up in the canyon. We had traveled around with the highway patrol to Greenriver, Moab, Richfield, then back to Kanab. I was in the first grade. I remember the day we moved back into the house. I was in my room, which is now moms craft room... and I remember having a big bowl of hot water an soap so I could clean the walls before we moved my bed into the room. My dad was outside watering the grass and the boys were outside helping dad clean the yard. Casey was downstairs cleaning her room and I remember hearing mom playing with baby Chase in the kitchen. I always hear that you remember most of the details the first time you hear a song. Thats where I was when I first heard "Friends in low places" it's a silly song to remember so well but I will never forget it. I don't think we realized how easy we had it back then. Ever since, I have LOVED Garth Brooks. I put seeing him in concert on my bucket list around five years ago. Last weekend, my dear husband made it possible for me to cross it off. What a great time we had. I couldn't help but get a little teary eyed when he sang that song because I thought of my wonderful childhood and how some silly songs seem to play a pretty big part.







13 comments:

Sarah Jimenez said...

Soooo awesome! Yeah, I am jealous! And you look amazing! Isn't it awesome how songs embed themselves in moments in your life; even the little ones?

Chelsea said...

Oh, soo great! Jealous! Love the cute dress! I'm sure it was Ah-maze-ing!

Rach said...

You look GRRRRREAT!! SKINNY MINNY! I love music! It is awesome how a song can take you back to a single moment, or remind you of a certain person. Love it!

Malinda S. said...

You looked so freakin' good! Very jealous! I love how music can 'mooovvee" you.

Staheli said...

Who would've thought that these Staheli boys could be so sentimental. Way to go Chad!!! Ha ha ha...don't tell Russ I said that, or do and tell him to surprise me with a trip to Disneyland! You look so happy and so cute in those pictures. I'm glad that you were watching Spongebob in the bathroom in that picture that you put on your facebook. Take care.

BTW...I need your email, how I don't have that, I'm not sure

Sharps said...

cute story!!! your legs look freaking skin and bones....hello shape. doesnt matter how much weight i lose i still have straight down log legs.........SUCK:( You looky mucho hotto!!! DONT FORGET N SYNC...BEST CONCERT NEXT TO GARTH OF COURSE!!! HA HA HA!!!!!!!

Josh and Nikki said...

Jealous!! I'm glad you had a great time! Garth is definitely one of my favs! And I love that you are watching sponge bob. haha.

Kim said...

Dang you're a cutie! Glad you got to see GArth!

Robin said...

Hot Momma! How fun. That reminded me of when we went to see Keithie! Chad, Im impressed!

Taylors said...

Love the story ok I cried when I read it but I am pregnant so I can :) You are one hot mamma!!!!!

Rach said...

Did you really make that Dr. Seuss cake?

Stacy Mike and Thalia Talbot said...

I'm so happy for you. You have to keep checking that bucket list off. That's how I felt when I saw Bono. :) You do look amazing girl, are you eating?! :)

Kirsten said...

the funny thing is that I have memories of YOU singing THAT song :)