Monday, February 22, 2010

TWO!!!

Mikey is two. I can't believe it! Where did the last two years go? I feel like they have just flown by. Mikey's birthday was on the 20th. His actual birthday should have been April 11th but he was in such a hurry to get here he decided he wanted to be a Feb baby. I can't explain Mikey. He is such a blessing and such a joy in our lives. He came out smiling and hasn't stopped. This boy has been a fighter from day one. He had the reputation in the NICU for being the baby that ripped out his feeding tube the most. He knew he was ready to come home. Every time I would walk into that hospital I could hear him sqwaking and I knew it was him. He is such a special boy. I still feel like he is a tiny little baby even though he is two. Mikey is such a happy, calm, loving boy. He always runs up to me and gives me a hug and a kiss just because he wants to. Whenever Chad walks into the room Mikey yells "Hi daddy!" every single time. It's so cute. I'm so greatful for the time I got to spend with him in the hospital because I know it made us so close. I promised him that I would do my best to get him to come home if he would do his part. After being born two months early, he was able to go home after three weeks. He is such a fighter. I feel so blessed to be his mamma. Honestly, he is so special and I love him so much. Happy Birthday Big Mike!!!
One of Mikey's favorite things is the Green eggs and Ham book. He always brings me the book saying "sam a am" so we thought it was totally appropriate to have a green eggs and ham party. The day started with none other than green eggs and ham.





and the cake.......



In attendance: the Gardner clan, and my parentals.




I honestly LOVE these next two pics. You can't have a two year old birthday party where someone else doesn't want to blow out the candles too!!












More Dr.Suess books!!

































I love you so much Mikey. Happy Birthday!!







11 comments:

Stacy Mike and Thalia Talbot said...

what a cutie! I love his little smile. Nice job on the cake that looked awesome!

Lyndy Staheli said...

Happy Birthday Mikey! I can't believe the boys are getting that old. Way to go on the cake too. Looks like you guys had a good time.

Chelsea said...

LOVE IT!!!! the cake is AWESOME. Love his cute little happyness that shows in EVERY photo! What a doll!!

Sarah Jimenez said...

Happy Birthday Mikey! What a stud. You are so creative!-What an awesome birthday theme and you did an amazing job on his cake. Love it!

Rach said...

You did not make that cake!! Where did you buy it?? I won't believe it!! IT IS SO CUTE!!! I WISH I KNEW HOW TO DO CAKES!!

Cyndi said...

Wow your cake was great! I bet he loved ot! Mikey is so cute!!! Don't you hate it when your BABY grows too fast. Lily's bday is on the 25th. And it is so weird to think its been 2 yrs. Your Mikey is amazing and Im so glad he was such a good fighter when he was so little! What a blessing

Sharps said...

so cute! who made the cake? love love it!!! happy birthday little guy. chloe loves dr suess as well...hmmm maybe a connection there? we will seeeeee.

Taylors said...

Happy Birthday Mikey!! Crazy what a start he had... I was actually thinking about it the other day and how you ever made it through! What a cute little guy. I love the cake you are always so creative to think of fun things!
ps I love Gracie's hair :)

Hermana Whitehead said...

Yeah, yeah yeah! I love the Dr. Suess theme. The cake was adorable and the books...I love it. Good job parents.
He is getting so big and handsome. Thanks for sharing.

The Allen Family said...

Can't believe he is already two. Time really does go by so fast! What a cute little guy! I love that cake. Seriously, cute party. The reason you don't know when I update is because I went private. HAHA Love ya!

Behrad said...

Happy Birthday, Mikey!! We've been watching Green Eggs and Ham all week with Izabella and we just loved your cake.