Thursday, December 31, 2009

The "befores"

What a fun christmas this year! This year was Kanab's turn for Christmas. We had SO much fun. We always have a hard time trying to figure out something for my parents for Christmas. Well, my mom is a big crafter so we decided to re-do her whole craft room. It is a fairly small room so we thought it would be a fairly easy project. Boy were we wrong. We had lots of help so we were able to get it done pretty quickly. We kicked my mom and dad out of the house for 24 hours so we could get it done. We scraped the ceilings, re did the desk, painted the walls, took out the carpet, put in wood floors, did baseboards and windows, and built shelves in the closet. It was a lot of fun and a lot of hard work. I will post the "after" pic in my next post. For now, here are all the pics "before" Christmas:
Chad doing the ceiling



Casey and I painting




Lex and Kenna helping




Parker was SUCH a big help. He was our "go get" guy





A little peek at what the house looked like. Its a good thing the parentals were out of town. They would have had a heart attack seeing what condition the house was in while we were doing this project.


















Kenna was the babysitter. She is rocking Mike right here. We couldn't have done it without her!




The desk drawers

The sanding






Gracie loved seeing the HUGE snowflakes in Kanab




Me and Eb




Making a snowman with Uncle Clayt

All of the kids at breakfast





This was the christmas eve dinner. It was with my dads side.





Gracie having "tea" with the other little gals








A cake walk








Me and Lexico

Santa came on christmas eve!!










Chase is the manager at the new verizon store in Kanab. He was reading a poem to proffess his love for the company.






Santa brought us all pajama pants and a white shirt. We spent the evening decorating our shirts



















The kids left santa milk and cookes and a note


The boys racing eachother on their I-phones. And Chase on his Droid.


5 comments:

Hermana Whitehead said...

I'm not surprised one bit that you and Chad would and could take on a project like that. You two are amazing. (I know another family that could use a flip:) )

Loved the Christmas pictures. Santa was mighty good to you in Kanab.

Lydia said...

I love love the new room, you know I can't wait to get to work in there. I know it was a lot of preperation and hard work, my two pregnant girls are still feeling the effects of hard labor, no pun intended either. I love everyone of you so much. Ty Pennington called to see if anyone could lend him a hand.

Sharps said...

SO CUTE!!! I cant wait to see the after. What a fun thing you guys did. We did that for Jos parents one year and it was CRAAAAZY HARD! cant wait to see it done

Roberts Fam'ly said...

I can't wait to see the after pictures & hear about how it went! Maybe we can have another craft day before this baby comes. :)

Mikkel said...

Just so you know I did scroll down and then back up. And I think you did break the record! And I still think you have the cutest kids and seem like the best little mommy. Those snow pics are hilarious, made me laugh. Oh the woes. Glad you had a fun holiday!