Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The need to blog.....


I haven't updated in forever. I always go crazy when my blogging buddies go forever without blogging because I love to blog on my limited down time. I have let myself down. I'm doing it tonight and that is all that matters right?? Anyways, here is a little bit of what we have been up to: First, most importantly, WE GOT GRASS!! Ever since we moved into this wonderful old house the outside has been driving us CRAZY. there were so many weeds and goat heads you wouldn't believe it. Well, we have put a ton of work into it and you never could really tell until we were able to put grass in. We were planning on doing sod because I'm so impatient, I thought, if we are doing our yard, I want the results NOW. Anyways, we had some unexpected car problems and with the high prices of everything we had to put our sod money into the car. So, hydro seed was our next option. I'm so glad we did it. They came and put it down about two weeks ago and we finally have grass!! We aren't able to walk on it yet, because it's just baby sprouts, but our house is finally becoming a home. I'm loving it more and more but I get sad because it will be harder to leave this place when the time finally comes. Anyways, second on the recent events, Lydia had some minor surgery last week and I was able to go to Kanab to help her out a bit. I told her she can NEVER get sick because seeing her in a hospital in the gown and all just about gave me a break down. Stay healthy Mamma!! Here are a few little pics of the latest.....









Nothing like a runny nose
She wishes she could fit...

this is what your shoes looked like after walking in our yard for like ten feet.

Our project for tonight. We decided to do something fun with our pumpkins this year

WE HAVE GRASS!!!!!!



Grace, after the paint job

Right before mamma's surgery

right after mama's surgery, feeling a little woozy



11 comments:

. said...

Canada! I love the grass. It really makes your house look even better. I'm so impressed. I mean Chad is becoming Andy Gant isn't he? Good job guys. I love the pumpkins too. That is such a great idea. I might have to try that. Gracie looks so tall too! I feel like I haven't seen you guys in forever. Come down for the deer hunt. The pic of ole Lydia are so sad. I'm glad everything went well though.

Lyndy Staheli said...

Wow your grass looks great. It really makes the out side of your house look so nice. I'm sorry your mom had to go in for surgery. I am glad she is home and doing better though.

Stacy Mike and Thalia Talbot said...

I LOVE your pumpkins! That is such a cute idea. You house looks really nice too with all that luscious grass (: .

Sara Boulter said...

When you get here tomorrow, I will tell you how I feel about this post. I'm too tired to do it right now.

Fine....your grass is nice.

Kimberlee said...

Okay, now I know what you dropped off the face of the earth! I'm so sorry about your mom...glad you got to be with her.

Your house looks GREAT!! I'm so excited for you and so jealous too! That will be so great for the kiddos to play on!! Love the pumkins too. Might have to steal your idea!

Loves from Lehi!

Mikkel said...

First, can I say, I think you are wonder woman/mom. Next, I saw that pumpkin (the black one with stars) in a magazine and was wondering how they did it... did you use stickers and spray paint? I may have to copy you. Also, I LOVE YOUR OFFICE FLOOR. It is cement right? Exactly how do you get it to look like that and how did you learn how to do it? Amazing.

Robin said...

Ecadnac - long lost bff. Missing you all. Are you coming down soon or what??? It's so bloody hot here, beach weather for sure! Tell your mom hi and we'll be praying for her. The grass looks grassy! (aka "snazzy" when speaking of grass).

Sharps said...

LOVE THAT GRASS! your house looks that much more beautiful than it already was. I love it. Love the pumpkins I am totally stealing the idea. LOVE YOU!

Stacy Mike and Thalia Talbot said...

Did Chad tell you we are coming up next weekend and want to say? I hope we can make it happen! (:

Taylors said...

Your house is so cute! I must say I also love the grass! I hope your mamma is feeling better.

Stacy Mike and Thalia Talbot said...

Have fun in Chicago you guys! I will have to see that amazing lawn next time. (: We can't wait to get together with you guys soon.