Tuesday, October 21, 2008

CHICAGO

My favorite city. We just got back from Chicago and it was amazing. Things were getting a little monotonous around the Staheli house and Chad could tell I was in need of a break. So he took me along on one of his business trips. It was awesome. I forget how much I love that city until I go back. There is nothing like the feeling you get when you are in a place like Chicago. It is really good for my metabolism because I can't sit around and do nothing when the whole city is stirring around. I love the smell of cigarettes and coffee in the morning. Gross to most of you I'm sure, but I love it. We stayed at the Palmer House Hilton for two nights and with our good friends Heather and Allen the last two nights. We met them when we lived in Chi town last year. They were in our ward. We are so lucky to have such good friends so far away. We went to our old ward and were able to see some old friends there also, Holla atcha Paulina and Tereasa!! Anyways, it went by so fast, but I missed my Kid's like crazy and I'm glad to be home. Here's a re-cap!!







Chad and I waiting to go on our boat tour


there is nothing like the Chicago Skyline. It is amazing


the wind was like 100 below zero. I'm suprised my face didn't freeze off.


Ya, I'm patriotic


Allen and Chad making us some breakfast sunday morn


We shopped till we dropped. Not a good thing for someone like me on a tight budget


Taking a break at the gap


Me and H Pizzle.. Love that gal


Mission Poses


So I LOVED Qdoba.. the best Mexi food ever. Chad got a burrito and it was enormous..


We were in the lobby at the hotel and this guy was standing there with the WORST toupee I had ever seen.

Water tower Place


Vogue

10 comments:

Sharps said...

oh man! HOW FUN! I am so excited for our Puerto Rico trip next month I cant wait! BUT man, leaving kids takes some fun out of it...but I don't want to bring them either...that wouldn't be fun...what do you do? Its never the same after kids! I LOVE that you guys had fun. I will call you when I come up next. I did the witches already but I would totally do them again!!!

Sarah Jimenez said...

Cando! What an awesome trip! I am glad you had a great time. I have never been to Chicago. I bet you were missing your kids like crazy. Isn't it ironic how you need breaks really bad and look so forward to them and yet you miss your kids so much?!?

Stacy Mike and Thalia Talbot said...

Looks like a blast, your pictures are awesome! (: Glad you got a well deserved break~!

Robin said...

Ecadnac-Fun trip. Hot pics. and I mean hot! Ok but the one picture towards the top with you and Chad reminded me of the K-O-Q episode when Deekon & Kelli give DOug & Carrie the painting of them. Haha! Only because of Chad's hand (you did not have an enormous arm as Carrie did and the camera only made Chad's hand look slightly larger than normal )! Good times. We DVR it everyday and all because of you guys! When are you coming down? My hair needs help!!! (and of course we want to see you guys!)

Sam and Mandy Noel said...

That looks like a blast! I am dying to go somewhere fun like that lately. I love the pictures. You look great!

Amanda P. said...

ok I am officially jelous. Listen to you....you get to go BACK to Chicago. I would settle with just glancing from afar!! That is definately a city on my hit list. You look darling by the way, You cutie pie!

. said...

I have never seen you wear your hair down so much in my life. Love it. You and Chad are just na na na na's. Aren't ya. A lot of that happened there I bet. Good times. It reminds me of the time I went to Chicago.

Cyndi said...

you look like you had a blast! Im glad you got to have a little get a way time with youyr honey poo. It is always nice to have a few days together. I love your pictures, you always look so amazingly happy! I think that must be were your little mike gets it! He has such a cute smile and like you said it looks like he is always smilin'

Taylor Gardner said...

I must say I am impressed you knew how to spell toupee...

Anonymous said...

sup.