Monday, June 23, 2008

FLORIDIZZZLE

Yay! So here is my much needed post. Last week Chad had a work conference in Florida for 5 days so we decided to make it a family vacation. I had to make the tough decision to leave little Mikey even tho he is only four months old. I missed him so much but lets be honest, what kind of a vacation would it be lugging his carseat and stroller around? Anyways, we left tuesday morning and didn't get back until saturday. We took Chads little sister along so she could babysit Gracie while we went to Chad's work dinners and such. I was SO glad she could go. What a lifesaver! There are like 800 parks around so we decided to do Disney World, Epcot, and one other, I don't remember the name. Our hotel was on the park so they let us stay 2 hours after they closed the park so that really helped on the lines! We went to Cocoa beach for a few hours and that was a lot of fun. I cannot believe the Florida humidity. I didn't even try to get ready while I was there because my makeup would melt off an hour later. It managed to rain every time we went to a park. I was happy tho because it cooled down about 10 degrees when it started raining. Anyways, we are back home now and it's back to the daily grind!!



Bekah and GracieChad and Gracie on the Winnie the Pooh ride. She was scared to death!


Chad LOVES the mary-go-round

Bekah really DID love it!


Me TOO!!!


The Lobby at the boardwalk. (our hotel)


Gracie TOO!!!

One of the nights we went to Chad's work dinners and it was in the VIP room above the finding nemo ride. The walls were glass looking into this amazing tank with sharks and sting rays and sea turtles. It was so cool.



The kids joined us for dessert and this is Gracie and I in front of the tank. You can't see it tho.


You can kind of see it here


Our passes to get into Disney world didn't start until 2:00 so we swam a TON.


Gracie was worn out. We made her a little bed on the couch


Our hotel on the Boardwalk





She was SUCH a good girl. The flight was almost 8 hours straight on a plane and she didn't cry once

Grace,Chad and Bekah at Cocoa Beach



10 comments:

Stacy Mike and Thalia Talbot said...

Oh it looks like such a blast! I can't believe how old your sister is now Chad! Grace looks like she had a good time. (:

Sara Boulter said...

You're HOME!!! HOoray! It looks like you had a blast. I can't wait to "hear" all about it. You're calling me soon, I just know it.

Taylor Gardner said...

Looks like so much fun! Man, seeing those Florida beaches makes me homesick for my childhood. They're the best, are they not?

Sharps said...

PACO<
How fun! BESIDES the puking you did of all those tomatoes! I had so much fun with you yesterday! Wish we could do IKEA days more often. LOVE the meatballs! ;) (kinda sick today)
FIZZY LIZ

The Allen Family said...

Hope you're feeling better. I have to say I am jealous. I don't know how long it will be before we will be able to take a vacation again. Hopefully soon. I am way jealous that you went to Disneyworld. I love Disney!

. said...

I have been trying to get a hold of you missy. What is wrong with your phone... or are you discriminating against me. I'm so glad you guys are homE! Did you have a blast. Gracie is so soo so cute. She just keeps getting cuter every day. I can't wait to see you guys next week. I am going to have a party for Anna on July 4th in the afternoon before the fireworks. IT should be good times. I need to hear details about your trip. Hurry it up.

Kassi said...

Looks like your trip was fun! You have the cutest little girl! All you people with children haha well it just makes me smile to see all your cute kids!
P.S. Deep down you know you love Edward too! You are just don't want to admit it, but we all know what is really going on there. YOU LOVE HIM TOO!

Chelsea said...

super great family trip, looks like a ton of fun! And grace looked like she was in seventh heaven!

Robin said...

Fun trip! Yeah for sunny places that have beaches near them! You look tanner.

mommaRx said...

What a fun vacation- Gracie is probably the perfect age to take there too! I bet it was nice to get away for a while, even if you had to leave Mikey. I love Gracie's little patchwork shorts- where can I get some of those for Ava?