Sunday, April 20, 2008

What a NIGHTMARE


Alrighty, well here is what my weekend consisted of... Friday we were getting ready to go to Logan to help Chad's dad plant 300 trees in their orchard in Logan. Well, I got all packed up and about an hour before we left I decided to give Gracie's hair a little trim. I have been growing it out for the last year or so because she will be in dance soon and I want her to have long hair. Anyways, she was having a really bad day and didn't want me to cut it and that should have been my sign so stop. But being the person I am, I persisted and decided to cut her hair. I got it all cut and finally got to her left side and just as I went to trim the ends off she yelled "NO MOMMY" and jerked her head as far away from me as she could. I ended up chopping her hair no less than a half an inch away from her scalp.. My first thought was utter rage. I sat dumbfounded looking at the side of her head that looked like she got it shaved. I had nothing else to do but cut the rest. I was bawling with every cut of the scissors and for the life of me I could not fix the mess. Finally, I just had to say to myself, "Candace, put down the scissors." One side is longer than the other but I had to just let it be until it grows a little so I can cut a style into it. I called Chad crying my eyes out and said, please don't be mad at me when you see our daughter!!! He made me feel a lot better because he could tell that I was pretty upset. I guess the worst part is, is that it's not like she got a butch job from cutting it herself, I DID IT! And if that's not bad enough, I HAVE A LICENSE TO CUT HAIR. I am so embarrassed I don't know what to do. I swear I'm not that bad at doing hair. It is getting kind of funny every time I look at her, but the wound is still too fresh for Chad to make fun of me. He knows it too. Anyways we went to Logan, I explained myself immediately and it turned out to be a good weekend. At least she has a cute personality right?? right?? oh man.....




Chad in the living room, I'll get more pics of the house on here when I take some, this is all I had

Living room again


This is Mikey's cowboy quilt Grandma Linda made him. She is such a good quilter!



Helping plant trees



I think his tractor's sexy.


Grandpa is so good to teach her things!


AAAAND HERE IT IS...... The hack job..











This is Mikey and his cousin Mason. Mason is 3 weeks younger... Great, I have a shrimp for a boy and a boy for a girl.. oh man.

8 comments:

Sam and Mandy Noel said...

Candace please tell me you are not serious about that tree! I feel like an idiot. And if it is true, how have I never noticed it before! I am a nut job! By the way, I love your house. That is so nice for you guys! And Gracie's hair cut is actually really cute. I'm impressed for it being a mistake!

Brooke @ www.allthingsthrifty.com said...

Candace,
Your story about Gracie's hair is sooo funny, but it really looks cute. I like it cut that short. I expected it to look horrible, but I think it's absolutely darling!

Sharps said...

Candace,
LUCKILY Gracie is DARLING. I actually LOVE the cut! I love short hair on girls. I want you to cut my girls hair! Besides, I always had some crazy hack job Sherry let me do myself and I turned out okay! Anyway, you have a POLO model for a daughter. look on their website. Gracie could be one!
SEE YA PACO

mommaRx said...

Wow- I was expecting the worse after reading the hair cut story and when I saw the pictures I was like, " Where are the pictures of the bad hair cut!?" I think her hair is still really really cute and that only a great hair stylist could have made it look so great so that means YOU are a great hair cutter. Gracie is so cute it wouldn't even matter if she was bald.

Andrea Gilberg said...

Cando, I would have died if I were you. ahhh. That sucks so bad, but she is so cute she could pull anything off. anyways, love your house, and mikey is so cute, his skin color is perfect.

. said...

I've seen Gracie in person now and her haircut is definitely not ugly! She can pull off anything because she is so cute. Thanks for letting us crash at your house for a night. It was short but sweet. Poor chase. He is a gonner now. I miss him. Anyway give me a call. Rat a tat tat a lat tat.

Stacy Mike and Thalia Talbot said...

Candace I found you through Sara's blog, I hope you don't mind! I was a friend of Chad's but never got to know you. I am SO happy you guys got a house. I think your kiddos are adorable and am happy that Mikey is doing well. By the way you look incredible and just had a baby! Kind of long but I think you're an amazing family and excited for all your fun news!

Chelsea said...

I gotta tell you, I loved your story about the hair cut on Gracie! I have had that happen with our son. Same thing, thinking I should stop... but I kept going. Lucky for me, he looked really cute with a buzz cut!!! And I must say, as a professional in the industry, I love Gracie's cut! Its so cute! So feminine still! You did a great job! I really love it!