Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summa tyme

I say it every year, I love living in Spanish Fork over the 24th of July. It seriously rocks. The town is so busy and everyone seems to be in a little better mood. This year Chad was involved in helping our scouts at the flag burning ceremony. It always makes my eyes water watching them burn the Macey's flag thinking about all of the men and women that gave their lives protecting the flag. Then I think of my own Dad and his sacrifice he gave in Vietnam. I love being an American! The weather has bee H.O.T. I have loved it though. And so have the kids. I love that they are worn out every night when we go to bed. Little O is doing good. He has acid reflux, which makes for a fussy baby, but he is such a joy. I love him so much!




Mikey at the splash pad
ahhhhh cool water
Owen HATES water

at the flag burning




we are re-modeling a room in our house and we found a little box inside the wall that had this newspaper inside. It was dated July 22 1969. The day Apollo 11 landed back on earth.
that is the small box on the left
at the fair!
Gracie holding Mikey's hand because he got a little scared
mmmm Italian Ice
Our ward participated in the Childrens Parade again this year and our theme was Spanish Fork, The Place 2-B where dreams come true. All of our kids dressed up as what they wanted to be when they grew up. Grace was of course a dancer. Mike was a missionary and Owen was a doctor.

All of my Primary kids! I love them so much!
My boys.
The grand parade was on Monday this year. The kids loved it so much but we sure missed the Gardners.
SpiderMike muscles




3 comments:

Lyndy Staheli said...

It looks like you guys had such a fun weekend. I love the pictures of Mikey as a missionary. That's so fun your ward had a float. I bet that was fun for all the primary kids.

jen said...

Cute pics! We need to come and experience a Spanish Fork 24th of July. What room are you guys remodeling? Looks like a lot of work.

Staheli said...

Love the pictures. It all looks so exhausting and so fun. Why do they burn a flag? I love what you guys are doing with your home.