Sunday, October 3, 2010

Lot's of fun... not lot's of cousins.. :(

Ahhh Conference weekend. The usual M.O. is to head up to Logan with Chad's 6 siblings and put together a huge apple-everything making operation. Wellllll.. this year was a tad different. Chad's sis Jen and her family were the only ones to go. Along with us of course. We still had SO much fun but we sure missed everyone else. Logan is my favorite this time of year. It screams everything fall. Cooler weather, BEAUTIFUL trees, cool halloween consignment shops, the works. I love it. It might be one of my favorite things ever. I have been pretty sick with throat junk so I wasn't able to enjoy as much this year, but it was still fun to let the kids play and make messes everywhere we went. We sure missed you out of state family!!




Gracie watching some movies

Chad mowing with the kids

I love this one because he is telling me "one sec" before he sneezes!

schloooopy joes

Gracie with Jen's girls eating on the new patio

Grandpa with all of the grandkids on the tractor. We were missing a few :)





Grandpa washing out the tractor for the pumpkins. They all got to pick one from the garden this year!




It was such a hard choice....



I found mine!!



Gracie, Riley and Keith all went for the same one










Cute kids. Wow, we are missing like 6 kids






What a cool sight







Then it was on to the apple picking. Grace and Mike just wanted to feed our christmas beef. I mean the cows. :)















Mike Senior


Linda pulling her weight


Ohhhh the mask. Grace has wanted to be a gajillion different things for halloween. Well, she found a cat mask and I made her go home and sleep on it. If she still wanted to be the cat in the morning we'd go back and get the silly mask. The first thing I hear in the morning is " I want to be the cat mamma. I'm sure" So, we got it! And she wore it in the car from Logan to Salt lake. I was cracking up.











Today for the afternoon session of conference, I packed a lunch and we headed up the canyon for a picnic. Well, we started to loose service and the rain started pouring on us, so we just pulled over on a dirt road and listened while we ate our lunch. It was still way fun.







Our neighbor turns 79 today. Happy Birthday James!!





Keep away!!









I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!

8 comments:

Andrea Gilberg said...

Love all the pictures. Your halloween costume adventure sounds like mine. Emilie wants to be a witch. So I was thinking like cute, tutu witch. Well no. She picked out the ugliest witch costume that was long, black, boring and not cute. I'm dying. I bought a little fairy costume too just incase I can change her mind. She was so set on this costume. Whatever I guess. Funny how their minds are so set.

Lyndy Staheli said...

It looks like you guys had such a fun time. I wish we could have gone too. Maybe next year we wont have so much going on and can make it out.

Staheli said...

I MISSED YOU GUYS SO MUCH THIS WEEKEND! Looks like a ton of fun. Now that we're in our house I'm wondering when you all are going to make it out here? You know, we can go to the beach year round. and there's always the awesome east coast shopping! Am I tempting you yet...just know there's an open invitation.

jen said...

It was fun to see you guys! Your fence looks amazing!

Mikkel said...

Love your pumpkin. She's a beaut.
Being a cat for Halloween seems perfect for Gracie! She is so cute with her kitty all zipped up in her sweater. (PS she must have a nice kitty. All the cats I know scare me.)

Robin said...

Funny you should comment. I was showing Daniel your blog yesterday. I was saying it makes me miss Utah and that I love how country folk you guys are. Seriously. Fall, ahhh I miss it. We have had such crazy weather here I dont know what seasons are! (yes 112 and thunderstorms and crazy rain in the same bloody week!) Well I am keeping my eye open for tickets to come up to Utah to see my family up there and we will have to play for sure! And come down and visit anytime you guys want to:)

Robin said...

PS Mikee and Diego would be BFF's for sure if we lived out there. Cant you just see them breaking all the girls hearts and getting into troble EVERYDAY?!

Angie said...

A beef for Christmas....we get one of those every year too...BEST.PRESENT.EVER!!!!:)