Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A dream is a wish come true....

What a fun week we had at the Staheli household. We were able to get out an enjoy the last warm day of the year by re-painting our fence, and also enjoy the first big snow of the year by having a snowball fight! You've gotta love the Utah weather. On Monday, we had an FHE lesson on Adam and Eve and how Adam was given the job to name all of the animals on earth. We decided to take a trip to Cabelas to see some of the animals he named. Mikey is finally at the age where he really enjoys seeing animals. They were so cute!
looking at the peesh (fish)





What is a trip to Cabelas without the chance to shoot something?













Yes, that is my son putting crayons in his ears.





On Saturday, we took Gracie and the boys to see Disney on Ice. I hear all of the time how "magical" it is, but I never thought so until Saturday. I couldn't keep my eyes off of Gracie. Her eyes were as wide as quarters most of the show. When Ariel came out (her favorite) She started yelling and pointing " Mom Ariel is really here! It's really her!!" She was making my eyes water the whole time. It was so cute and well worth the moolah..













She held on to her ticket the whole show







The picture doesn't do it justice. She was mezmerized!











During the show, there was a little girl sitting next to me who had this magic wand that light up. Every time she would push the button to make it light up Gracie would just watch her. She would wisper little things to me ever time like "mom, it has Ariel on it" or "mom there is a princess crown on top" What made it special was she never once asked if she could have one. She just stared in envy at the little girl. I wispered to Chad maybe we should snag one for a christmas present. He said " she needs one for the show" So he got up to go buy her one. Right when he sat down I told Grace to look at what dad had and she ran over and gave him the biggest hug I had ever seen. I don't think she has put it down since we bought it.











The gloves... ohhh the gloves. We bought these at the dollar store on Saturday and Mike WILL NOT take them off. He loves them. If I take them off and we can't find them again he is perfectly content wearing his sisters pink ones. Like he did for church on sunday.














8 comments:

Sharps said...

yessss. what good parents you are to get gracie that darling little princess thing. so cute. and the gloves...i love them.....:) he is so funny. totally awesome.

Malinda S. said...

We can never go up north without stopping at Cabelas so "Kylie can see the fish..." but I know it's really cause my hubby wants to go shopping. I can't wait to take Ky to shows like Disney on Ice. Your story about Gracie is so cute!

jen said...

What a good idea for FHE! I think I know which side of the family the crayons-in-the-ears came from. :)

. said...

I wish we could have come up for the Disney on Ice deal... maybe next year. :( I am dying laughing at Mikey in his glovers. That is hilarious. I love that kid.

Hermana Whitehead said...

I love reading about your family. It's so fun to see you two being such caring and loving parents. The kids are so adorable.

Sarah Jimenez said...

What a great post Candance! You are such a great mama! I love the FHE idea. Disney on Ice looked AMAZING! I love your story. I can't wait to take Rylee sometime.- and I love the gloves too =)

Robin said...

First things first, is that Roxy in the background of one of those pics with a SWEATER on???? That's all I have to say about that. Next, I hope Mikee wears the gloves the entire winter. That is hilarious that he's eating with them! and as for Grace, she really is a doll. And I would have made Daniel buy the wand to. Somethings are just priceless. Good to see the swines haven't taken over the Staheli's. PS I told you we're having a girl right?

Austin said...

Love the gloves...I didn't even question why he had them on in nursery, I just laughed!