Sunday, January 4, 2009

Back in Action!!!

Hello to all of the Staheli blog followers!! I'm sorry for the much needed post, I have been meaning to update forever but I got a new camera for Christmas and I still haven't quite figured out how to transfer and post stuff. Be patient my dears, I'm working on it. Well, we had an AMAZING Christmas, we went to Island Park with Chad's family and it was sooo fun. We got there Christmas eve and the rest of the family was supposed to show up Christmas day, but the weather was SO bad they couldn't come until a few days later. There was a lot of relaxing to be done. We played tonz of games, laughed a lot, cooked a lot, and of course ate a lot. I think I gained 10 pounds while we were there and I'm not kidding! The food was so good and there was so much of it I couldn't help myself. Grace had such an amazing time playing with cousins running around and playing in the snow. Mikey has two cousins right around his same age so we just barracaded off the living room and made a huge play pen for all three. It was lots of fun. As for gifts, well, I got a new camera, a new phone (and a new network, yay verizon!) And some perfume. Chad got a calendar from me for his eyes only ;) (p.s. I highly reccomend this gift for all of you ladies to give your husbands. It was well recieved and SOO much fun to make. Thank you dear Sara. You are the best friend a gal could as for.) Gracie and Mike got a DVD player for the car. BEST GIFT EVER. Chad and I also got to take a tour through Yellowstone on snowmobiles, that was our gift to eachother. Also, a ton of fun. Overall, it was an amazing Christmas. I'm glad to be home and excited to get back into the groove of things. I need to have a shopping trip to hit up the sales. Tia Pan anyone? I hope you all had wonderful holidays. Ours sure was. We drove home new years eve and I fell asleep at 8:00. Nice way to ring in the new year!! Here's the photo's!! Beware, there are a gazillion







I wanna see the mountains in your eyes....


Welcome: This may be the coldest you will ever get in your life. For the next 8 hours.
Me, Chad, Mike


Chad and I at some geyser


Waiting for the buffalo to cross....






Here we are at Old Faithful. We stopped for lunch and there were SO many snowmobiles.




There she blows





Getting ready for the ride. We have no idea what lays ahead.
(my pics are out of order)


Gracie christmas morning with her new hulk hat and gloves


Chad's parental units. Mike got new glasses.




For any ten month old, this is the best part of the holidays.


She was a little overwhelmed when she saw the gifts




Us Christmas eve in our new jammies. (grandpa Rog would be proud, Mike's jammies are Denver Broncos)


Right before take off. They also had no idea what kind of a trip lay ahead. They were all smiles at this point.


So I just took this tonight. Is she destined to be a math whizz? That is a calculator.


Date night!


ya... she's mine.



on our way home. ANYTHING to keep them happy.




The cabin





I don't know where she get's em from







Hot tubbin with grandma Linda



We made christmas sucker trees. They all turned out really cute.



Jeopardy anyone?



Linda, Bekah, and Russ, having a little too much fun.




mmm.. scorpion sucker..









we woke up to almost 4 feet of fresh snow on christmas. Here were our cars:











Tracee did pedicures for the girls. Grace was in heaven.


















11 comments:

Lyndy Staheli said...

Hey Candace I love all of your pictures. I can't believe how much snow was on your cars. I guess by the time we came up they were cleaned off and so they didn't look that bad. It was so much fun to see you guys. Thanks again for doing my hair.

Taylor Gardner said...

Fun camera! And tons of great pictures. I did AWFUL at pictures this year. Hardly a one. The cabin looks like such a cozy place. How fun.

Sharps said...

HOLY PICTURES!!! I loved it that I got to see what you did! That looks like so much fun! I would LOVE to do that with the family! HOLY junk,,,,that snow covering your car...how are you even home right now! CRazy....You know you would have come to Vegas with me had you lived here...come on now...AND DONT FORGET our little date we had last week...and you canceled on me...who likes who better? HUH! I LIKEY YOU> BUT I don't likey you to die in the snowy roads...OKEY

Kassi said...

Looks like so much fun! I love all the pictures. You really are on top of things I haven't even done my Christmas post yet! I guess tonight will be a night of blogging! :) And I really wish I could hit Tia Pan with you! :)

Sarah Jimenez said...

So much fun! Great pictures! Holy snow... I am surprised you guys didn't stay burrowed up until spring! That is so much! Your kids look so cute all bundled up in the snowsuits. I am glad you had a great Christmas with the family.

. said...

Canada... you know how much I love your kids. But they are so so darn cute. They are the cutest little kiddos. Looks like you guys had so much fun. I can't believe how freezing cold it looks in the pictures....haha. I'm glad Chad appreciated the calendar but who wouldn't with you looking na na's like that. :) Well love ya and I'm so happy to see pics of your family. Call me :)

Sam and Mandy Noel said...

Candace, that seriously looks like a blast! I love all your pictures. I can't believe that snow.

Kimberlee said...

Looks like you had so much fun! Looks freezing in yellowstone. I love all the pictures. Come over again soon!!

austin and tracee said...

Hey Candace! We just started blogging and found yours. The cabin was so much fun, and it looks like you had a fun time snowmobiling. We were wondering if you guys ended up with Austin's snow stuff, we can't find it at my mom's.

Hermana Whitehead said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe how much snow you got. It was sweater weather, here.

Your family and families look wonderful and it looks like you had one really fun time together. Good job Linda and Mike.

Malinda S. said...

Way cute photos. Your kids are seriously so cute (and gorgeous!). I've never done Yellowstone in the winter. Looks freezing! But lots of fun.