Thursday, August 21, 2008

~~~~4 YEARS!~~~~

Well, today is our four year anniversary. Chad is currently hiking with his brothers in the Uintas so he isn't here, but he sure is on my mind a lot today. I can't believe it has been four years. I can't even picture my life without Chad. I can't remember being "really happy" before we met. Here is our story:

Chad and I met about 6 years ago. I was sort-of dating his good friend and roomate at the time and they lived in the apartment above us in the westminster apartments in St. George. I remember hanging out at his place all of the time and I kept thinking, who is this kid who prays on his food when everyone is around?? His spirituality hit me from day one. The friend of Chad's and I were going through regular dating drama and of course, Chad being the best friend, was the guy I went to for the info. We started talking every day and talks turned into long walks and days at the park. Before I knew it, I couldn't get enough of him. Things ended with the friend and Chad and I coudln't be separated from then on. We dated on-and-off for about two years. Finally we decided we were sticking it out to see if its what we really wanted. After dating "exclusively" for a few months, Chad told me, "we never really go out on official dates.Let me take you out on a real date." So, he came and picked me up in the morning, took me to the mall, and said, pick out a new outfit. Anything you want, on me. Who is going to pass that up? So I got shoes, a belt, jeans, a shirt, and I think a watch... haha... Okay, I went a little overboard. Then, he took me to an art gallery, we walked around a little, then he said "I'm hungry, lets go eat" So we got in the car, and drove out to Entrada, the golf course I was working at at the time, and we drove to my favorite hole, #9.... It has an amazing tree and a wonderful view. He had a picnic set up , with panda express (our fav.) we ate, I thought, wow, this is SOO not Chad to do something so romantic!! Then, after our meal, he handed me my fortune cookie and I cracked it open. My fortune said, Will you marry me? I couldn't believe it. Not only had we never talked about marriage, but I had NO idea he was even "there". We were married 3 weeks later and we've never looked back. I love him so much. So so so so so so much. .....

Okay, I know it is an overkill of pictures, but you try going through 4 years of pictures and narrowing it down!!



At the film festival
After we had been married like a month

At the temple before Chad's bro went on his mish

With Chad's bro and his fam

Goofy family pic

On our way to trick-or-treat at the mall

This sums up our relationship. Always cracking up. Always.

In Logan right before Mike was born

Last Valentines. Mikey was born like 6 days later

Going home from the hospital

Disneyland!

Trail of hope in Nauvoo

Chicago boat ride

Golf tourney

Last day of hair school!! SO EXCITED!!

Hunting.


Gracie's first halloween

Disneyland

20 comments:

Sara Boulter said...

Congratulations you two. You're my favorite people. I can't think of anyone cooler than ya'all. I love how you guys love each other. Your that couple that people see and say "wow, they really like each other." It's so true. You fit perfectly.

Now, get divorced and come live in my basement. Hurry, while Chad's gone.

Sara Boulter said...

You're...not your. Dang it. I hate being dum.

A and L Stapley said...

Wow... has it really been that long? Congratulations!! You two really are one of the cutest couples I know. I hate to notice but has Chad had that "D" hat FOREVER?? Looks like it is well worn... :) Congrats, Congrats!

Kimberlee said...

I don't think I've ever heard about the proposal...love it! Congrats on the big FOUR! I also LOVEd all the pictures :)

Stacy Mike and Thalia Talbot said...

Congratulations you guys! I never heard that story and it awesome-way to go Chad! (: I am so happy for you and especially happy that one of my greatest friends has such a great family life and so many awesome things going for him! You guys are amazing.

Ogden Fam said...

Congrats on your 4 year. Our is on Monday and it will be 7 years. Crazy how time flies. I will be catching up to everyone's kiddies finally since I am now prego :)Kinsey will finally have a brother of sister.

Sarah Jimenez said...

Congrats! That's a great proposal story. I didn't realize we were married only a week apart! We hit 4 years on the 28th. It is crazy how fast the time flies! You have a beautiful family.

Austin said...

lol. I don't think I've ever heard ya'll's story before. Chad's the man. Glad ya'll are our neighbors!!

Sharps said...

Hey your cutey patooty! I am coming up so get ready...lets do something one day. I will be up Tuesday! Talk to you later gater.
LIZZY FIZZ

Robin said...

Congrats! You two are great! Thanks for the dinner for Danny and my bros. They loved it and said you guys were cool! Danny and I just had our 5 yr. Crazy eh! Lots of love. Miss you tons! PS Someone was like "What salon do you get your hair done at?!! I love it!" She was way bummed when I told her you lived in Utah!

The Allen Family said...

I can't believe its been that long! It was so good to see you. Sorry it was so caotic at my house. I forgot all those people were coming over. Hopefully we can brave a trip up there soon! love ya

Kirsten & Aaron said...

Yay for 4 year! Congrats! Too bad Chad wasn't there to celebrate with you. Looks like you've been having lots of fun lately. We need to get together sometime. What's your schedule like with Chad in school? Let me know. Love ya!

Jill T said...

I loved reading this post Candace--this is something I've asked you guys about many times--how you met, etc. I've never really gotten the full details and romance of it all until now. Can you believe how fast 4 years goes by? Behrad and I just had our 4 year anniversary in May.

I love the pics too--you two crack me up. You're absolutely perfect for each other--Congratulations.

Did you see that you were the stars of our posting (not the current one, but the one before)?

Sarah Greener said...

Happy Anniversary! I loved the story on how you guys met and how he asked you to marry him! Wow! Sooo cute! You guys are such a great, cute couple with such a beautiful little family! Congrats!

The Robinson's said...

I love this post, it is fun to see all your fun memories:) And what a cute family you have!! We went over to Clayt & Lex house yesterday night and Lex had to show me the sweet clips I hadn't seen from the vegas trip...too funny. It made me laugh you noticed the turtleneck, lol!

The Spencers said...

Happy Anniversary! That is a great story. Fun pictures too!

. said...

Oh for toots. You and Wick. There is one picture of Chad here that just cracks me up. It is weird how fast time goes by. Four freaking years. Happy Anniverse.

Malinda S. said...

Congratulations! Three weeks later you were married! That's incredible. I always thought my engagement story was unique, but that takes the cake. Isn't it great being married to your best friend!?

Anonymous said...

This is James wife, Sarah. Just wanted to say congratulations on your anniversary! That is awesome! :)

Hafen's said...

whatever Candice, Chad is really in love with me!!! I know it! He's told me so! Thanks for telling me how cute my kids are sometime. B! Love ya!