Friday, February 15, 2008

Love of my life....

In light of Valentines day, I just wanted to post a "tribute" if you will, to my dearest husband. We have been together almost 5 years and have been married to almost 4 of those. I thought I was living my life to the fullest until I met Chad. We met in St. George while Chad was going to Dixie College and I was going to Evans hair school. I was dating Chad's best friend and as time went on I found that I really really liked Chad. Things didn't pan out with the best friend and Chad and I were involved very shortly after. We were on-again-off-again for a year then finally we made it official and started dating for real. We had never even discussed marriage until the day he popped the question. I knew after dating him for a short time that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. After we were only married three months we decided to start a family. I wanted nothing more than to have a family with him. When I was only a few weeks pregnant we realized that it was going to be quite a challenge getting Gracie here. I was sick for the whole nine months, losing close to 60 lbs and throwing up several times a day, Chad was there holding my hair back and comforting me the whole time. Now that we are getting ready to have #2 and there is so much more going on in our lives, Chad is still as understanding and helpful as he was the first time around. He is getting two graduate degrees, working full time, and taking care of Gracie while I am sick. He truly is such a blessing in our lives and I am so lucky to have him. Valentines day means so much more to me now that I can share it with the one man I have ever truly loved.



















5 comments:

Sara Boulter said...

Awwwwwwwww....cutey cuteness. I'm so glad you have each other. You guys are perfect. Ya'all give new meaning to "through sickness and health." :)

I sure love your little family.

. said...

Aww fer toots. What a cute little wick. Speaking of... we went and saw the "SpiderChad Chronicles" last night. Hope your having a good weekend. Your a good little wifey. I'm so thankful that you have passed Chad on to me when you die.

Kirsten said...

We've definately come a long way from high school eh? lol when we thought that NO man would ever deserve to have us:)

Amanda P. said...

Candace! I just heard you had your little bundle early. Gotta love blogger :) I am so happy for you guys! I hope you are all happy and healthy and the little guy gains some poundage!!

Mikkel said...

Hey there mother of two!! Hope you are feeling ok. It sounds like your LITTLE guy is doing really good considering. (I found out from lex btw). So congrats! Is he named after anyone? And what a cute tribute to your hubby. He is a good one. He was so nice coming down to pick us up in the rain in Chicago!! Good job on a great lil family of four! (Oh, and if you want access to my blog email me at mikkelbrown@yahoo.com)