Friday, February 22, 2008

Baby Is HERE!!!

Hello everyone!! Oh man, what a crazy few days. I will give you all a quick rundown of the recent events.... Well, it was tues night and Grace and I had just gotten home from taking Chad to Salt Lake, he was flying out to Chicago on Wed early morning so he was staying with his brother. We got home around 10:00 pm and I put Gracie to bed as usual. Well, around 11 I started getting some bad back pains but didn't think much of it. Well, time kept passing and my "pains" started getting worse and worse. Finally by about 2 a.m. I had taken a hot bath, and drank lots of water to help stop the "braxton hicks" contractions but they just weren't stopping. So around 2:30 I started timing my contractions because they were getting so sooo intense. When I started writing them down i realized i was having them every two minutes on the dot. So about an hour of that I figured it was time to go to the hospital. At this point I hadn't called Chad because I didn't want him to worry because I have gone into the emergency room with this baby before and was sent home when my contractions finally just stopped on their own.... So I finally called him around 3:30 and told him I was going in and that I was going to call his friend Danny to come stay with Grace. Chad said he was on his way and if it was nothing then he would just turn around and go catch his flight. Well, by the time Danny arrived to my house I was DYING in pain so we rushed to the ER, I ran up to labor and delivery and right when I got there they checked me and I was at a 4. The doctor said we can stop labor at a 4 but if you get to a 5 or higher you're having this baby. So they gave me all sorts of drugs, and a steroid shot to help the baby's lungs but I was in so much pain nothing was helping. Luckily Chad got there about 15 min after I did so I wasn't alone for too long. My contractions were honestly killing me but they couldn't give me much pain medication for fear of the baby. Well, the doc came in after about 2 hours of trying to stop the birth and I was at a 6. Then my hero the anesthesiologist came in and gave me my epidural and20 min later I was at a ten!! They ran me to the ER, two pushes, and baby mikey staheli was here. They rushed him out of the room, I didn't even get to see him, and Chad stayed with the baby so I was all alone for quite a while! I sat in my bed thinking, Did that really just happen?? I'm not due for another two months!! I was in shock, and still am just a little bit. Thankfully we have good friends who were able to help out with Gracie. It meant the world to us danny and sara!! Sara came and took some beautiful pictures for us which I hope to be posting as soon as I can. Here I am on Friday night, I just got back from the hospital from feeding the baby and I can't beleive he is here. He will be in the NICU for at least a month but he is doing so well. Finally breathing on his own and looking so good. He is 4 lbs, 6 oz and 19 inches long. Sooo tiny but so tall!! He is amazing and I can't believe how thankful I am to the lord for how well things have worked out. He knew that this baby was ready to come even tho we weren't. I'm so greatful for modern technology because without it who knows if baby would still be here. He is doing well, I am doing well and we are just going to try and get through the next month. Please keep him in your prayers and thank you all for your kind words! They mean so much. I will keep you all posted as time goes on and I promise I'll get some pictures on here soon!!! Love ya'll!! (thank you so much sara for all of the "emergency baby clothes!" he is cuddled up in his blue blankie as we speak!)

14 comments:

Josh and Nikki said...

We love you and are soooo happy everyone is great! Can't wait to see him; hopefully it's earlier than when we finally saw gracie!

The Spencers said...

I am so glad he and you are ok! That is amazing that he was able to get off of the ventilator so quickly. He must be a tough little guy. I can't believe he is 19 inches! I have a small idea of what you are going through, McKade was in the NICU for a week. I really can't imagine being there for a month and having another kid to take care of too! You guys just know that we are thinking about you and you are in our prayers.
Jen

Sarah Jimenez said...

Candace, my heart goes out to you. I am so glad that you and Mikey are doing ok. I was shocked when you said how long he was! I hope this next month passes quickly for you guys. You will for sure be in our prayers.

Sam and Mandy Noel said...

Candace, what a crazy time you guys are going through! We are so glad both you and Mikey are okay! Let us know if you need anything. You are definitely in our prayers!

Ashley said...

congratulations candace!! If there is anything I can do to help you... just let me know! I am glad that all went as well as it did! I saw the pic on Alexis's site. He's a doll.

Sara Boulter said...

What'll it be...hair braiding, back scratching...what?

Come on, you're not pregnant anymore. Let's have a party. :)

I'm so glad you're all okay. It was sweet to see him and touch his tiny feet. I love that they're giving him straight up fat thru his pic line. HA! He's gonna be able to beat up Grace in no time.

Also, I bet he has a lisp.

Man, if anyone but you reads this...I'm in trouble.

mommaRx said...

Wow- I opened up my email and saw the RE: baby Staheli and my heart about stopped. I was so worried, but luckily the first thing I read was that the baby was here and mom and baby were doing great. I am so glad that everything is ok and that you guys are great. I am glad that your not feeling well has come to a happy ending :) I guess we will have to postpone our shopping trip!! Let me know if there is ANYTHING I (or we) can do for you guys. I am only a short drive/phone call away. Even if youo get in a babysitting bind and need me to watch Grace- I can do it! You ahve my email and my phone number and use it honestly if you need anything. We will keep you in our prayers.

The Swindlehurst's said...

Oh candice.....you poor thing! I was doing kacie's hair when somebody sent her a picture, he is so cute, and so tiny!! I have been thinking so much about you, your family is in our prayers! Im so glad that he is doing so good! Hang in there, i'll be thinking of you! love ya Kristie

Rach said...

Chip Dip- Boomer and I are so glad that you and Michael are doing good. I can't believe how early he is and how good he is doing considering!! You are an amazing chick-a-dee! We will keep littel Mikey in our prayers. You are doing so good with all of this! Amazing Candace!! Love ya!
-Rach-

The Morrells said...

I can't even imagine what you've been through the last week! I'm so glad everything turned out okay and thay you are both doing well! We'll keep you in our prayers and hang in there for the next month!

Malinda S. said...

Congratulations! Oh how scary...I am so glad to hear that things are going as well as they are. We will keep you both in our prayers. Post photos soon of the little miracle!

Amber said...

Holy cow! Can't believe the little one is here. I literally was calling you the moment I read this post.. needless to say I hung the phone up to finish the post. Crazy. Glad he is doing well.. 19 INCHES?!? Wow! That IS so long! Congrats!

Taylors said...

Wow that is amazing he is breathing on his own! I am glad to hear it! What a scary thing, I am glad Chad got back to be with you. Thanks for the updates, I will call in a few weeks I am sure you are so busy. We are praying for you! Gracie looks like a very happy big sister!

Brooke @ www.allthingsthrifty.com said...

Candace,
I hadn't looked at your blog for a few days, and what the...you already had your baby? He is such a cutie, and I'm so glad you are both doing well. I'll keep you in our prayers. Good luck.
-Brooke