Friday, May 23, 2014

Grandma Pollock

About a month ago, my last living Grandparent passed away. My Grandma Pollock was my mothers mom. She passed away in her home after years of deteriorating health. She had been renting a small modest home in Kanab and there my mom was able to take care of her physical needs. I would talk to my mom almost daily about Grandma and how she was doing.  Life is so funny. I remember being extremely close to my grandma when I was little. I remember asking my parents when we could go to her house next and when I could see her.  She was so fun. Then as the years went by and life got in the way I didn't really even have a relationship with her. She was able to meet all of my children except Henry. I will always remember the feeling of gratitude I had watching her hold my babies. When she passed away, I remember thinking how much I want my kids to have good memories of mine and Chads parents.  Family is everything. We can take nothing with us but them into our next life.  Going to Tropic to help Grandma look for rocks, and the feeling of a soft blanket she had just crocheted for us were things I will never forget. My kids have orchards and bees, tractor rides and movies in the theatre room with Grandpa Staheli. They have red rocks and fudge, and cookie dough shakes with Grandpa Rog.  I know they will never forget these things just like I will never forget.  I am so grateful that my children have so many people in their lives that love them.  I will miss my Grandma, but I am so glad I will get to see her again.  Hopefully crocheting another blanket. 










The table set up at her funeral



Grandma and Grandpa Pollock (moms parents)








All of moms siblings





The funeral was in Tropic so we were able to spend the night in Boulder on our way to the funeral. Even though it was short, it was a really nice visit. This high chair has seen a lot of babies. Grandma Gardner said her children sat in it. 




On our way home. We promised the kids if they ate everything on their plates and Grandma Gardners house we would get them ice cream on the way home. 






Even Henry :)









Till we meet again.

1 comment:

Lyndy Staheli said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Grandma.