Friday, January 25, 2013

Mono

First, we need to clear something up about Gracie. She NEVER gets sick. She is so resilient to things and rarely complains that she isn't feeling good. My first clue she was sick: she took a nap. This girl will not ever take naps. Ever. I knew when she took a nap two days in a row something was seriously wrong. We took her into the doctor and she had a swollen throat and a high fever so he put her on an antibiotic and sent us home. After nearly finishing the antibiotic and still running a fever of 102+ for nine days I knew we needed to go back in. The doctor did a quick examination and told us that her spleen and liver were about twice the size they should be which is consistent with mono. We went to the hospital for blood tests and heard back today that it is indeed mono. Poor girl just has to take it easy for a few weeks and she should be good as new. 


Nap time! I felt so bad for her but it was hard to complain about the extra cuddle time



Day two of the antibiotic. Her poor eyes are so swollen.



Bath with the brothers. Still so swollen.


We didn't realize that she was so sick so we made her go to her dance recital. We are so lucky her spleen didn't rupture. 







She is such a tough little girl. I love how she is so independent and tries so hard to be strong. I was prepping her for getting her blood drawn and she didn't blink an eye. It's so hard to see her grow up so fast but I am so proud of my little girl.

4 comments:

Stacy Mike and Thalia Talbot said...

Her pictures make me so sad! Poor girl!I hope she gets feeling better soon. She's too cute to be down.

The Allen Family said...

I hope she is feeling better. There is nothing worse than watching one of your kids sick. I'm glad it didn't end up being anything serious. She is getting so grown up!

Lyndy Staheli said...

Poor girl I hope she gets feeling better soon. Your right it is our turn to come down and I really want to see your new house too. January went by way to fast but we will look and try and come down soon.

Staheli said...

I don't agree with Lyndy....January went by just fast enough, in fact, I would've been fine with it leaving a little faster then it did. I'm sorry it's been so long. We really do need to catch up. Poor Grace. That's the worst thing to happen to these active kiddos.