Sunday, October 21, 2012

Tubes

Owen got tubes in his ears about two weeks ago. After countless ear infections and trips to the doctor we decided it was probably time to do it. Even though it is a simple surgery and the doctor does it all of the time, that doesn't make it any easier to let the nurse take your baby away to be sedated. After they took him away we were told to wait in the waiting room and they would come get us when it was over. Right when we sat down I ran to the bathroom and when I got back Chad told me I had just missed the doctor. O was already done! Right when we walked through the double doors I could hear Owen screaming. He was livid. We didn't know what to expect when he woke up and he literally screamed for two hours after the surgery. When he finally settled down and took a 3 hour nap. Poor baby broke my heart. He is totally fine now and hopefully we will have a healthy winter! Our good friends the gassers took our other two over night so we didn't have anything else to focus on other than Owen. We are lucky to have them as friends.

















- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Staheli said...

seeing him in a hospital gown just breaks my heart. I'm so glad that he wasn't there for anything more serious. I remember taking scott to primary childrens for his surgery and sitting in the waiting room with two little kids that had brain tumors. Count your blessings huh? I'm so glad it all went well.

jen said...

So sad. I hated when Keith had to do that. But he'll be so much happier now!