Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Home from the doc

Well, I thought I would explain the previous post. Tonight I was doing a haircut when I heard a crash in the hallway. I ran in to find Mikey in a pool of blood with his mouth oozing. I quickly ran him to the sink to asses the damage. He got a pretty good slice on the outside of his lip and tore up the inside. We waited for about a half hour and the bleeding didn't stop so I took him to the insta-care. After a long wait the doctor said we needed to stitch it up so it didn't scar really bad. It is right on his lip so any time he opens his mouth wide it rips open again. Let me just say I think I cried more than he did!! I had to lay on the table with him on my belly so I could hold him down. Chad was there (thank goodness!) So he could hold his head. I HATED it. I HATED holding him down while he was screaming and getting stitched up. He will be fine of course, and probably won't remember a thing. As for me, I will remember the WHOLE thing!! I'll put up some pics when I get my computer working better!!

10 comments:

Hermana Whitehead said...

I'm so sorry. It is so hard to see our kids suffering and in pain. I remember a time when Rick was a baby and was getting stitched up (I won't say where) but I cried so hard the doctor ordered me out of the room.

Stacy Mike and Thalia Talbot said...

I hear ya! It's so traumatizing for the mom's who just want to make it all better. Hang in there. He will be so happy that he got stitches when he doesn't have a scar later in life!

jen said...

Oh, poor little guy. It makes me feel bad to see how sad he looks. I'm sorry you had to go through that! I am kind of curious about where Rick got stitched up. :)

Sharps said...

oh no! DANG it! couldnt they give him a little sleepy medicine so you didnt have to do that. oh man. i guess it would have been more dangerous to do that. so sad. i hate hate hate my kids getting hurt, shots, being sick, anything. its so sad. get better little buddy!

Kim said...

Yeah, I feel your pain! I had to do that when Delaney put her arms through the front glass door... and when she got bit by a dog on her face! Trauma! It's TERRIBLE!!! I did okay at the time, but completely broke down at home. It sucks. :)
I hope he's okay, poor little guy!

Cyndi said...

I hate that kind of stuff so much. It seems like your little ones ard always so much braver then you are. I hope he gets feeling better soon

Taylors said...

Oh I'm so sorry. Poor Mikey! I hope he is feeling better.... sorry you had to hold him down that is the worst but you wouldn't want anyone else to do it. Sorry Cando give Mikey hugs from us!

Rach said...

Cando! That is so sad! I hate it when my kids are in pain or sick. I freaking broke Hallee's leg when she was only 6 months old because I slipped on my stairs!! Talk about a sad mommy!! OH! It just makes me so sad to think of him getting stitches on his lip! You are such a good mommy though, at least you didn't sock him one to give him the cut!! Haha. I hope you gets better fast!!

Kirsten said...

Poor little guy! You're right, he will be like "oh I got this scar when I was 2" and you'll be like "it was the worst day EVER!".... what a mom does for her babies! I agree with Camee tho, you wouldn't want anyone else doing it b/c you'd probably just cry even harder!.... KUDOS TO YOU!! Let us know how he's doing :)
oh and "dixiewhitehead"... I would have said "screw you" and stayed in the room, what kind of a dr says that to a mom!?! especially if their baby was getting stitches somewhere painful enough not to mention!! Anyway, love you cando :)

Robin said...

THat is the saddest story ever! I would die! and i hate blood. OK about me being prego, sorry I didn't tell! WE tried to wait until 12 weeks so that we knew it would stick. But I was sick and scared to death of handling Diego and being sick so that's why I was saying I wasn't sure about if I could handle two kids! But we're so excited and I can't wait to be not sick. MOstly Im ok but days like yesterday and yucky! ANyways, I wanted to tell you and hope you're not mad!!!!