Thursday, January 1, 2015

TEN year Anny and My 30th Birthday

So for YEARS I have been teasing Chad that 2014 was a huge year because it is the year I turn 30 and we celebrate our 10 year anniversary in the same month.  I was half kidding but it really was a big milestone for us. I think he was feeling the pressure because he went above and beyond this year. 







First, the day of our anniversary I woke up to ten red roses. To most people this might not be a big deal, but it was HUGE to me. Chad does not give flowers. He thinks they are a waste of money so for the last ten years whenever he has bought me flowers, they have been in a pot. 



That night we went to the fanciest place in Provo. The Chefs table. The food was really yummy, but we realized we are more of the "outback steakhouse" type of people. 




Two days before my birthday, Chad called and told me to meet him at the oil change place because he needed to get the oil changed and needed a ride home. When I pulled up he and my mom were standing outside holding a sign that said "Happy Birthday Candace" I about died! I was so happy to see my mom I thought that was the surprise! Then my mom gave me a kiss, got in the car with the kids and told me to have fun! Chad told me we had to hurry because we had dinner reservations somewhere. The farther north we got I finally said "We are totally flying somewhere!" And I was right. He whisked me away to San Francisco. A city we have always wanted to see together. 












We took a bike ride all along the coast and over the Golden Gate Bridge. When we got to the end and decided to take a rest, Chad gave me my gift. A band to go on the other side of my ring. I have always wanted one and my ring finally feels complete.



The.best.fish.tacos.ever.




Alcatraz





When we got home we had cake and ice cream with the kids. 



The kids (Chad) got me a necklace with their first initials on it. This birthday will go down in history. It was so so fun and It made me fall more and more in love with Chad.  I love our trips together. It makes me remember why I fell in love with him in the first place. Ten years down, eternity to go!

2 comments:

Lyndy Staheli said...

Such an awesome way to spend the Big 30 and 10 years!!

Taylors said...

So fun!!!! Happy 30th!! Yes for sure best birthday surprise ever!! Happy 10 years too! You look great! I miss you :)