Sunday, March 24, 2013

Mikey Is 5

On Feb 20 Mikey turned 5. I don't know if I am the only one that feels this way, but it seems like it took Gracie FOREVER to turn five. It seemed like we had all of the time in the world and we were so excited for her to finally turn 5. Mikey turned 5 out of nowhere. It honestly came up so fast.  Five seems like a big year because you can go to kindergarten and there are a lot of extracurricular things you can finally participate in. It is crazy to think that he will be starting school in the fall right along side his sister. Mikey is such a joy in our family.  He is so affectionate and caring. He is always very aware of me. If we are out at the park or doing something social, he always comes over to me and gives me a hug and a kiss. He doesn't want me to feel left out.  He will always tell Chad and I that he loves us. Several times during the day he will just say "Dad I love you" or "I really love you Mom." he is honestly so sweet. I don't ever worry about Mike. I mean, I worry about him in other ways like being safe, or harnessing his extreme energy, but I don't worry about his spirit. He makes good choices and at such a young age already has a deep testimony of Jesus Christ.  He is going to be an amazing young man because he is an amazing child.  A few things about Mikey this year: He started wrestling. Even if he was getting beat terribly he was always smiling the whole time. At the end of each match the ref would hold up the winners hand and even if Mikey lost he would hold up his hand too. He LOVES his singlet. He wears it any chance he gets. Even if its snowing.  We always look forward to his prayers. They are so thoughtful. His favorite quote of mine in every prayer "Please bless that we will be a good family" What a doll. We love you Mikey! Happy Birthday!!


A few pictures of Mikeys year



Touching a Jellyfish



Helping mom drive



Making shirts with Aunt Traci




First time to the beach









His last night being 4. Sleeping in his singlet



Helping with birthday cupcakes



On his birthday






Two parties! One at our house and one and Grandma and Grandpa Stahelis!




Right after kindergarten shots



I had to show the side view of how much he has grown out of his superman costume




2 comments:

Lyndy Staheli said...

Happy Birthday Mike! It's crazy how fast they are growing up.

Malinda S. said...

Happy birthday Mikey!